“Urban nature will serve us best when it’s allowed to be a little wild, at least in spots.” — The Nature Fix by Florence Williams
Read the introduction to the Weeds of Boise project here.
- Abandoned Pizza Hut on Ann Morrison Park Drive
- Ridenbaugh Canal between Vista Avenue and Federal Way
- Northwest Corner of Ann Morrison Park
- Ahavath Beth Israel Synagogue Garden
Summer of Weeds
During the summer of 2017, I profiled a new weed each week. I called it the Summer of Weeds. Here are the posts from that project:
- Henbit and Purple Deadnettle
- Pineapple Weed
- Common Mullein
- Eating Purslane
- Stinking Lovegrass
- Flower of an Hour
- Willowherbs and Fireweed
- Wild Urban Plants of Boise
An ever-growing series of posts about edible weeds and how to eat them.
Edible or not, some weeds are quite useful. This is a series of posts about the uses for weeds.
Book and Zine Reviews
If you, like me, enjoy reading about weeds and invasive species, here are a few recommendations.